Tobacco Prevention & Education
To protect residents and visitors from secondhand smoke exposure, North Central Public Health District TPEP works to create smoke- and tobacco-free environments. These areas include:
- Multi-unit housing
- Parks and outdoor areas
Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) or visit www.quitnow.net/oregon to get free help on how to quit using tobacco.
Some people prefer to access services on-line, some people prefer speaking to an individual. With the Quit Line you choose the method that works best for you.
The Quit Line is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
English: 1-800-QUIT-NOW (800-784-8669)
Español: 1-855-DEJELO-YA (1-855-335356-
TTY ACCESS: 1-877-777-6534
What happens when you call the Quit Line?
- Register for the free Quit Line program.
- Learn what Quit Line counseling benefits are available to you.
- Decide if you want to start counseling now, or schedule a counseling call at a time that is convenient for you.
Once you sign up with the Quit Line, you can:
- Talk or chat online with an expert Quit Coach who knows what you are going through and will help you make a Quitting Plan that will work for you.
- Get more help from your Quit Guide — we’ll send you materials chosen just for you or you can access our library online.
- Ask for support — tell your family and friends about your Quit Plan or join our message boards online and connect with others quitting tobacco.
- Receive 2 weeks of nicotine patches or gum to help you with your quit (if eligible).