You are eligible for WIC if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Oregon resident
- Household income less than 185% of federal poverty guidelines
- Nutritional need or risk
- Currently pregnant
- Just given birth
- Mother who is breast feeding
- Have an infant or child under the age of 5
- Father, guardian, or foster parent of an eligible infant or child under the age of 5
As a WIC participant you are responsible for/to:
- Bring proof of identity, address, and all income for the entire household each time you are screened or certified for the WIC program.
- Bring your WIC ID card to all WIC related activities (appts, follow ups, to pick up vouchers, etc.).
- Keep your appointments or call the clinic if you cannot make it. If appointments are not kept, WIC services may be delayed or stopped.
- Attend nutrition education activities like classes or, in certain circumstances, individual appointments to learn about good nutrition.
- Reapply for WIC benefits at the end of each certification period.